Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tower Aggro

Go down 
+2
Helemeri
Nanobug
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanobug
Co - Leader
Nanobug

Tower Aggro Empty
PostSubject: Tower Aggro   Tower Aggro I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Tower aggro is relatively straightforward. Going from highest priority to lowest priority (this is observed, not necessarily 100% always true):

1. Enemy champions damaging friendly champions
2. Other enemy units (Rally flag, Teemo's mushrooms)
3. Closest enemy minions
4. Closest enemy champions

One a tower has chosen to attack a champion, it will not change targets for any reason unless he has moved out of range or become otherwise untargetable.

The other important thing to know about towers is that when they attack heroes they gradually increase their damage. Ex: We'll assume the tower deals 100 damage, increases at 10% per shot, and maxes at 155%. If a champion tower dives alone and takes all tower hits, it would look like this:

85 damage (starts at 85% standard)
95 damage (increased by 10%)
105 damage (increased by 10%)
115 damage (increased by 10%)
125 damage (increased by 10%)
135 damage (increased by 10%)
145 damage (increased by 10%)
155 damage (increased by 10%)
155 damage (damage is maxed)

When the tower switches targets between champions, the damage will decrease to 125% standard if it is above that. Using the previous example:

85 damage (starts at 85% standard)
95 damage (increased by 10%)
105 damage (increased by 10%)
115 damage (increased by 10%)
125 damage (increased by 10%)

*Tower switches to Champion B*

125 damage (reduced to 125% standard)
155 damage (damage is maxed)

The only way that this damage increase will go away is if the tower hits a minion or doesn't perform an attack for 4 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Helemeri
Knockout Junior
Knockout Junior

Tower Aggro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tower Aggro   Tower Aggro I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:32 pm

I think everyone should read this. I was wondering why the tower started doing more damage to me when taking more hits, and I figured something similar.
Back to top Go down
EmperorOfDoom
Trial Tester
EmperorOfDoom

Tower Aggro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tower Aggro   Tower Aggro I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 am

Do you know if the towers still switch when someone else attacks an enemy champion near the tower and you don't. You used to be able to save stunned champions that way by attacking the enemy and getting the tower aggro against you instead of your stunned team mate.

I think they changed this though and the tower won't switch to you even if your the only one attacking, anyone know for sure ?
Back to top Go down
Buhadog
Knockout Boxer
Knockout Boxer
Buhadog

Tower Aggro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tower Aggro   Tower Aggro I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:11 am

I think that if you attack an enemy champion under a tower the tower won't switch to anyone else untill you are dead or out of range of the tower. I'm 80% sure of this Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ser Gork
Knockout Junior
Knockout Junior
Ser Gork

Tower Aggro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tower Aggro   Tower Aggro I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:22 am

Thats why it's good to have some support who can heal or shield stunned champion.
Back to top Go down
nicos1
Trial Tester

Tower Aggro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tower Aggro   Tower Aggro I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:01 am

Buhadog wrote:
I think that if you attack an enemy champion under a tower the tower won't switch to anyone else untill you are dead or out of range of the tower. I'm 80% sure of this Laughing

100% sure :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tower Aggro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tower Aggro   Tower Aggro I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tower Aggro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KnockOut Community :: Guides & Strategy-
Jump to: