Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Malzahar - Call of the Void

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanobug
Co - Leader
Nanobug

Malzahar - Call of the Void Empty
PostSubject: Malzahar - Call of the Void   Malzahar - Call of the Void I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 am

Here's a little trick with Malzahar I found.
This might not be intentional, and could fully well be a bug that gets patched. It can be exploited consistently with a bit of skill due to the nature of the spell mechanic.

Call of the Void
Malzahar opens two portals to the void. After a short delay, they fire projectiles dealing 80/135/190/245/300 (+.8 per ability power) magic damage and silencing champions for 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6/3 seconds.

This ability works in the same way that other wall-type spells do. However, there are some peculiarities about Call of the Void. Let me give you a brief rundown about how it works.

Upon casting this ability, two portals open parallel to each other, and perpendicular from your champion. After a short delay, two bolts fire from either side. Now this is where it gets kinda funky.

Each bolt does half of the total spell damage (base damage + ability power / 2 each) and each bolt travels across the approximate length between the two voids. (slightly further I've found). Now because these bolts have a travel time, its entirely possible to;

1) have both bolts connect at the same time, doing the full ability damage (Yellow on the diagram)
2) have a single bolt connect, doing half the ability damage (Red on the diagram)
3) have both bolts connect at separate times, doing the full ability damage (Green on the diagram)

Here is a diagram, illustrating the spell placement to ensure the desired effect;
Malzahar - Call of the Void 467044082005c3d3bc58b

Back to top Go down
Kartaal
Knockout Boxer
Knockout Boxer
Kartaal

PostSubject: Re: Malzahar - Call of the Void   Malzahar - Call of the Void I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 am

With enough ability power and skill to create that double hit in an action stressed scenario, it's pretty darn powerful!
Back to top Go down
Nanobug
Co - Leader
Nanobug

PostSubject: Re: Malzahar - Call of the Void   Malzahar - Call of the Void I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 am

Me and Kartaal confirmed it, it works. You hit twice on the green field, or atleast, knocks their Banshee off as it did in the video.

Last edited by Nanobug on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kartaal
Knockout Boxer
Knockout Boxer
Kartaal

PostSubject: Re: Malzahar - Call of the Void   Malzahar - Call of the Void I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:20 am

Kvartaal don't exist! xD
Back to top Go down
Aeterno
Knockout Junior
Knockout Junior
Aeterno

PostSubject: Re: Malzahar - Call of the Void   Malzahar - Call of the Void I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 am

I saw that in a Malzahar guide. ^^ Yeah, it works. Very Happy I always thought it did more damage, but that was just my imagination. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malzahar - Call of the Void   Malzahar - Call of the Void I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malzahar - Call of the Void
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: KnockOut Community :: Guides & Strategy-
Jump to: